Tuesday 25 September 2012

Apps


Our brains are like computers. They are computers. They have memory. They can be programmed.

Hell, I can remember when my mother held me in the kitchen and I was two. My father was standing beside her...

I was two. Yet I have a memory of being held, of seeing, of feeling safe for a time. My mother did not drop me, so I learned to to feel safe when I was  held.
They say when we exercise, Our bodies remember what it is we expect them to do, so our muscles respond, react, step up to the challenge we put before them, and that is how we get into shape.


Our brains store images, just like computers, and  we can access those images whenever we want to. Sometimes those images play even when we don't  want them to--they call that post traumatic stress--the wires have crossed, the stored images override the peaceful images we want to upload. There is nothing to be done. Maybe call the Geek Squad to help erase that which you no longer want.

Sometimes the brain outwits the will, and we hold our heads, massage our temples futilely  trying to erase what is there. Good luck.
At least one of my friends is worried about what I might write here, while drunk...compromised as it were, because the brain apparently gets loose and garbled when alcohol is introduced. I want to say, see? See what I can do inebriated? Look. Coherent observations. So there. No vengeful essays, no embarrassing revelations. Just me ruminating about how brains mimic computers.

What if we could download an app that could override all of the negative stuff that has been programmed in over the years? What if we could override hate and bigotry and replace it with love and acceptance? Wipe out the hard drive of people who do not  get how love is supposed to work and reprogram them so that they get it, what love is, absent bitterness and pain and all that goes along with that --that code that has been previously written--REWRITE IT!

DOWNLOAD IT!
Heal yourself.
Oh god I wish there was an app for love.

#Written while drunk !!

No comments:

Post a Comment